Monday, September 04, 2006

Lage raho(continue) ya badal dalo(change it)!!

Life is all bout change, its always at a constant state of flux.Thats what makes change so important... Yet somehow the very word change makes one feel nervous. A new place, new person, a new job, a new environment all this at first sounds very uncomfortable.But change is important for growth!!!

Thats y it is always interestin to meet or to read about the harbingers of change. These ppl are internally driven and can motivate a lot of ppl for thier own good. One of my fav books is the biography of Jack Welch also nicknamed Neuton Jack. The man as CEO of GE brought so many changes including axing of ppl which meant they never liked him. Yet 20 years later he is seen as one of the most influential corporate leaders of modern America and now is as famous as the MNC that he once was an employee of.

Two things made me write abt this word in my blog. Personally I might soon move on to something better (hopefully) & two watched a movie called Lage Raho Munnabhai.

Bapu was always an interestin personality to me . I remember an Einstein quote which says that "people centuries later will never blv that a person such as Gandhi could have walked the earth." Respected internationally it is in India that we seem not to like him. Infact for a long time in child hood I would blv that he was the cause of partition...and the cause of our present troubles something which many of my friends continue 2 blv. But this movie and much b4 that a book called Freedom at Midnight made me realize the power of this naked fakir. A man who used just two words satya + agraha to move the colonial empire on which the sun cld never set. Something which most of us blv are just words and not weapons by any cost.Yet these are the words which changed the destiny of half the world and inspired future leaders of today such as Dalai Lama, Nelson MAndela and Desmond Tutu. These are the words which have also drafted the lives of all post- Independent India which includes the you and the me. Change was the last thing he feared and the first thing he wanted.

Today as i encounter my own nervousness and personal demons when there is fear caused by change or ... ,I always say to myself "Dont fear, Lage raho aur badal dalo..." and it has worked from workin in a company in a enviroment where fear pervaded . here am I wanting to change myself not out of fear or by anxiety but so that I cld grow.

As the movie says "Tension nahi lenaka"...

"Lage raho suri bhai ..."

No comments: