Thursday, September 14, 2006

RAIN!!!

For the umpteenth time this year there was rain in Hyderabad and yet there was this unbearable humidity and I was wondering why??. Was it the global warming and the artic icecap melting mentioned by a TV channel that was the cause.We've heard of tsunami's, hurricanes, typhoons, every water related disaster over the past few years

As usual Dad was planning for the next travel segment.
Mom suggested i go and get some vegetables for tommorow and some eats for dad's journey.. I should have complained , cribbed but somehow the pouring rain and the intense humidity made me decide to go out. I was planning to take the car and was opening the gates when I saw an old thaatha walking with an unmbrella.The pouring rain was slight drizzle infact and I decided to get an umbrella (If a thaatha (grandpa) could do it so could I reasoned my inane brain)

I walked over to the neighbourhood Trinethra and gave some business to Haldiram.No Indianness here just didnt find Kurkure abs Indian in taste, but owned by an MNC.
Just as I was payin the bill entered a young couple with a baby running into the supermarket along with their kid. The mother holding her baby now just put her for a moment into the cart at the supermarket.Whatever be the reason, whether it was the spokes of the cart or the lack of a comfort from its mother the baby let out a wail and startled most of us inside.I walked out immediately into the now pouring rain thx to the baby's wail.

A bulb from a bandi's (vendor-cart) seemed to throw its light on the raindrops reflected of the road to create the amazing set of diamonds. The bandi was selling hot mirchi's and aloo bondas. The rain and the heavy wind gave me a sufficent excuse to grab a bite of both. As I walked back towards home I saw another family sharing a single umbrella father , mother and son of abt 12 years and walking oblivious to the rain.

The newly formed rivulets and streams flowed as i walked down the slope of the road which leads to my house. I did wish that I could then immediately make those paper boats( the fav pasttime in rainy days during my childhood) and let them navigate along these.

All that was missing in this romantic moment was a gal of my dreams to suddenly appear a la bollywood style.

Well as the romantic in me popped up and the cynic took a backseat ireached tha gate and got drenched a bit b4 i got in.The smell of hot paranthas cooked by mom made me want to eat again but I and the mirchi bajji's in my stomach decided that I would capture this in my blog b4 i am back to my fav pasttime- eating !!

Well here is the post and I hope to hear from some frnds on the comment section on this part of my blog atleast. Lastly thanx for the rain ,I just hope ther is more:-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

well.. i didnt go beyond the latest post, as im about to crash.. but dude.. come on.. make this better than an online diary entry.. i know you can do it..

so pick up that keyboard and start typing up the story abt that beautiful girl you are looking forward to meeting..

cheers

Rags!

Shark said...

It's amazing how one rain can cheer us up so well...
I love the rain! :)
But rain in hyderabad at this time of the year?

Mysorean said...

Suri,

Good post yar!

Keep writing. Write more about how people were behaving in the rain and what you felt about them and all that.

Keep at it! :)

Sudarshan said...

Hey being from bombay i just love the rains...cant seem to get enough of them. However i dont know if its just my area..but I really dont think it rains that often in hyderabad. Except for the two days when entire AP had major rains it hardly ever rains for more than half an hour in hyderabad.. atleast thats what my experience so far has been..Oh yeah rains are an amazing time to have either bhajji or vadapav :)

Kavi said...

Hmmm...makes me wanna grab one of those mirchi bajjis right now...B'lore rains (though mild) are setting in too...
NOTHING like a cup of hot tea or hot chocolate n some spicy fried stuff n a good match on TV or a good book to read on a rainy day!! I soooo do miss those carefree days :)...

Anonymous said...

I hate the rains myself but then Mumbai isn't exactly romantic in the rains. And you don't like kids much, do you? :)

am i God or is this Hell? said...

how abt more masala sprinkled on the bhajjis?